From Yale to Uganda, Indianapolis to Indonesia, Greg Scheer has spoken on worship and music topics including songwriting, leading bands, and pop music orchestration. Two decades leading worship in the local church provides street cred, insight, and a treasure trove of humorous stories. His unique perspective as a musician and composer fuels his presentations, often weaving songs into his presentations.
Greg has led plenary/keynote addresses, workshops, masterclasses, one-on-one lessons, and consultations with churches, elders, and worship committees. He frequently speaks on topics found in his books Essential Worship and The Art of Worship. Here are some recent presentations:
- What Is Worship?
- The Psalms in Modern Worship
- The Art of Worship Leadership (leading praise bands)
- Mentoring Musicians
- A Balanced Diet of Congregational Songs
- A Thumbnail Sketch of Worship History
What are people saying?
- Scheer urges us to honor and learn from the past while being open to trying new forms. (Nicholas Wolterstorff, Yale University)
- The Art of Worship is a very practical tool. It will enable the worship leader or worship committee to thoughtfully analyze their current style of worship and to plan step by step for future change. (Robert Webber, author of Ancient-Future Faith)
- Personal and fresh perspective on the interworkings of corporate worship with his unique blend of levity and insight. (Sandra McCracken, singer-songwriter)
- Thank you, Greg! I put into practice a few of your hints for creating worship flow this past Sunday and have already had good feedback! (Kristen M., worship team member)
- Greg Scheer is a theologically and pastorally sensitive reflective practitioner—an ideal teacher for a new generation of worship leaders. Pastors, musicians, artists, and worshipers of all kinds can learn together about how to deepen their faith, not only in gathered worship but also in all of life.” (John Witvliet, Calvin Institute of Christian Worship)