Peace, Perfect Peace
$0.00 – $20.00
There is perhaps no hymn more serenely beautiful than “Peace, Perfect Peace.” Edward Bickersteth’s text doesn’t dismiss the troubles of this world, but instead sees them as an opportunity to hear Jesus’ call to rest in him. George Caldbeck’s melody is simple, yet powerful. This arrangement builds on this beautiful simplicity, growing verse after verse and ending on a note of confidence.
Text: Edward Henry Bickersteth, 1875
Music: PAX TECUM, George Thomas Caldbeck, 1877
Arr: Greg Scheer, 2012
1. Peace, perfect peace, in this dark world of sin?
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within.
2. Peace, perfect peace, by thronging duties pressed?
To do the will of Jesus, this is rest.
3. Peace, perfect peace, with sorrows surging round?
On Jesus’ bosom naught but calm is found.
4. Peace, perfect pace, with loved ones far away?
In Jesus’ keeping we are safe, and they.
5. Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown?
Jesus we know, and He is on the throne.
6. Peace, perfect peace, death shadowing us and ours?
Jesus has vanquished death and all its powers.
7. It is enough: earth’s struggles soon shall cease,
And Jesus, call us to heaven’s perfect peace.